The 16th of December is Kazakhstan’s Independence Day. Time to have a look on Kazakhstan’s Heroes who fought for the freedom of the country.
Today we are celebrating Independence Day of the Republic of Kazakhstan. 29 years ago USSR crashed and Kazakhstan got its independence.
Kazakhstan has an interesting and deep history. So, it’s a good day to remember the people who gave their life for the Freedom and Independence of the Kazakh people. Here are the names of the Kazakh Heroes:
- Kenesary Kasymuly (1802-1847): The last Kazakh Khan of all Three Kazakh Zhuzes. Leader of the national liberation movement of the Kazakhs from the Russian Empire in 1837-1847.
- Zhankozha Nurmukhameduly (1774-1860): Leader of the Anti-Khiva and Anti-Kokand insurrection against colonialism of Russian Empire. He is well known as Batyr Zhankozha.
- Sirym Datuly (1753-1802): Leader of the antigovernmental movement of Kazakh’s Small Zhuz in 1783-1797.
- Zholaman Tilenshiuly (18th century): One of the leaders of the national liberation insurrection of the Kazakh People against the colonial policy of the Russian Empire.
- Isatai Taimanuly (1791-1838): Leader of the Kazakh insurrection against the authorities of the Bukey Horde (Inner Horde), vassal of the Russian Empire, in 1836-1838.
- Makhambet Otemisuly (1804-1846): Poet and one of the leaders of the insurrection in West Kazakhstan in 1836-1838. He was best friend of Isatai Taimanuly.
- Mambetniyaz Tolepuly (1801-1876): One of the leaders of the Anti-Soviet insurrection of the Kazakh people from the tribe Adai in west Kazakhstan.
- Eset Kotibaruly (1803- 1889): Leader of the anti-colonial insurrection and one of the leader of the national liberation movement of the Kazakhs.
- Azbergen Munaitbasuly (1806-1873): Took part in the insurrection where was the leader Eset Kotibaruly.
- Gafur Kalbyuly (1827-1880): One of the leaders of the insurrection in Mangystau.
- Amangeldy Imanov (1873-1919): Leader of the national liberation insurrection in 1916.
- Abdigappar Zhanbosynuly (1870-1919): Leader of the national liberation insurrection in Torgai, Kazakhstan in 1916-1917.
- Ahmet Baitursunuly (1872-1937): Member of the “Alash Party” and one of the organizers and leader of the government “Alash-Orda“.
- Alikhan Bokeikhanov (1866-1937): One of the founders of the party “Alash” and leader. He was a Chairman and Prime Minister of the Alash Autonomy in 1917-20.
- Mirjaqup Dulatuli (1885-1935): One of the leaders of the government “Alash-Orda” and one of the leaders of the national movement of Kazakhstan.
- Saken Seifullin (1894-1938): He worked in the Kazakh socio-political and literary-critical magazine “Ay Qap“. He founded socio-political and cultural society “Zhas Qazaq“.
- Sultanmahmut Toraygirov (1893-1920): Worked as a Secretary in the redaction of the socio-political and literary-critical magazine “Ay Qap“. And he was in contact with “Alash Orda“.
- Magzhan Zhumabayev (1893-1938): One of the founders of the “Alash Party” and government “Alash-Orda“. And worked in such Kazakh newspapers and magazines like: “Akzhol“, “Sana“, “Sholpan” and etc.
- Mustafa Shokay (1890-1941): Ideologist of the struggle for freedom and independence of the Common Turkestan.
- Iliyas Zhansugurov (1894-1938): He worked with the newspapers “Enbekshy Qazaq” and “Tilshi“. He was a chairman of the Writer’s Union of Kazakhstan and participant of The First Congress of Soviet Writers.
- Khalel Dosmuhameduly (1883-1939): Leader of the “Alash-Orda” movement. He worked with the socio-political and literary newspaper “Qazaq“.
- Khalel Gabbasov (1888-1931): Member of the “Alash” movement and chairman of the Semey regional comittee of the “Alash Party” since 1917. Editor of the newspaper “Sary-Arka”.
- Turar Ryskulov (1894-1938): Member of the national liberation insurrection of the people of Central Asia. He founded the “Revolutionary Union of Kazakh Youth” in 1917.
- Zhusipbek Aimauytov (1889-1930): Member of the national party “Alash“. Together with Kazakh writer Mukhtar Auezov founded the Kazakh Youth Organization “Zhanar” in 1917.
- Qairat Ryskulbekov (1966-1988): Participant in the Jeltoqsan/Zheltoksan (English: December) insurrection what happened in Almaty in 1986.
- Erbol Sypatayev (1964-1986): Participant in the Jeltoqsan/Zheltoksan insurrection what happened in Almaty in 1986.
- Lazzat Asanova (1970- 1986): she took part in the liberation insurrection of the Kazakh Youth “Jeltoqsan/Zheltoksan” againstcolonial and authoritarian system in the city Almaty in 1986.
- Sabira Mukhamedzhanova (1970-1986): she took part in the liberation insurrection of the Kazakh Youth “Jeltoqsan/Zheltoksan” againstcolonial and authoritarian system in the city Almaty in 1986.
Rest in Peace our Heroes of Kazakhstan. We don’t forget about you, we remember you not only on the 16th of December.
Read more about Kazakhstan’s Independence Day: Happy Independence Day!