Kazakhstan with the first spaceport in Baikonur has a big connection to Space and Spaceflight. Info Shymkent will try to give you the hottest News about it.
Next orbital rocket launch
The next launch will be Starlink 68 on a Falcon 9 B5 in Vandenberg Air Force Base at January 29, 03:02 pm (UTC). Godspeed!
You can find all launched or upcoming rocket launches to Space here: Launch Schedule 2021
- The first module “Tianhe” of China’s space station was launched successfully on a Long March 5B rocket into orbit. Learn more about it.
- 1st spacecrafts from Arabia and China arrive at Red PlanetSpacecrafts from three nations will arrive at Planet Mars shortly. Two of them are for the first time at the Red Planet. Info Shymkent will have a look on them.
- The year 2021 is coming closer and 2020 was already a year with very much highlights in world’s spaceflight. Let’s have a look what we can expect in 2021.
- Rocks from Moon – Chinese Chang’e 5 is flying back to Earth44 years after Luna 24 another space mission tries to bring moon samples from our cosmic neighbor back to Earth. Read about China’s Chang’e 5 mission.
- Forgotten Burans: The most epic adventure of JonkFrench adventurer and photographer Jonk visited the deep sleeping remains of the last Soviet Union space program in 2018. We talked with him about his amazing trip.
- Animator Konstantin Bronzit: The stories choose me!Two times Oscar nominated Russian animator Konstantin Bronzit talked with us about the “birth” of his funny and pensive short films.
- ISS: 20 years human presence in spaceSince 2000 people living permanent at International Space Station. It’s time to look back on 20 incredible years of human presence in space.
- The handshake of Soviet cosmonaut Leonov with US astronaut Stafford during Apollo-Soyuz flight was the foundation of the international cooperation in Space. Why? We had a look.
- A beautiful comet – called Neowise – is dancing at the night sky over Kazakhstan. Info Shymkent is telling you how to find the giant cosmic snowball.
- Tianwen-1, Perseverance & Hope Mars: Three nations will launch their spacecrafts to Mars. Info Shymkent has a look on these missions and their goals.
- Crew Dragon Demo-2: 1st crewed SpaceX flight is readySpaceX is ready to fly with Crew Dragon Demo-2 flight the first private orbital flight into space to the International Space Station.
- Cosmonaut Mikhail Kornienko – One year in spaceWe had the opportunity to talk with one of the most experienced Cosmonaut Kornienko about his 516 days in space, his life and his hobbies.
- Yuri Gagarin’s last steps to Space59 years ago Yuri Gagarin went as first human into Space. We have look on Gagarin last steps before he went to Space.
- Pink Supermoon – look up!The pink supermoon will be the biggest and brightest moon in 2020 tonight. But why is it called supermoon? And turns the moon into pink color this night?
- Cosmodrome Baikonur – a launch experienceInfo Shymkent made a visit into Cosmodrome Baikonur to experience real rocket launches.
- SpaceX vs OneWebSpaceX vs OneWeb – the Race for worldwide satellite internet is in full swing.
- Starlink over ShymkentYou want to see a necklace of moving stars? Watch to the Starlink satellites after sunset on the Sky.
- Starliner: Less New Years gifts this yearThe American Spacecraft CST-100 Starliner flight failed to fly to the International Space Station.
- Buran for Shymkent?Can you imagine to see the Space Shuttle Buran in a park in Shymkent? It could become reality. Read how!
- 1st UAE Cosmonaut in SpaceThe 1st UAE Cosmonaut Hazzaa Ali Al-Mansoori went from Baikonur to the International Space Station today.